The Town of Cortlandt is one of the largest municipalities in Westchester County with a population of over 42,000 people according to the 2010 U.S. Census. Located in the northwestern part of Westchester, Cortlandt encompasses the two incorporated villages, Croton-on-Hudson and Buchanan as well as several hamlets including Verplanck, Montrose and Cortlandt Manor. Each area has unique characteristics that appeal to the locals.
The Town is bounded on the west by almost 15 miles of the Hudson River shoreline, extending from the Bear Mountain Bridge in the north to the Croton River. The Town of Cortlandt surrounds the City of Peeksill and borders Putnam County to the north, the Town of Yorktown to the east and the Towns of New Castle and Ossining to the south.
This predominantly residential area also has appeal as you go inland from the Hudson River with its combination of natural tranquil settings and preserves to cultural attractions like, Van Cortlandt Manor and the Croton Gorge Park. Many water ways intertwine surrounding hiking trails parks and preserves adding to the allure of this commuters paradise.
The outdoor beauty is not the only attraction. The shopping varies from small mom and pops stores to large commercial businesses located at the “Cortlandt Town Center,” giving this area a small town appeal with big store accessibility. There is easy access to a variety of destinations from the United Artist Cortlandt Town Center Stadium Movie Theater to the New York-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital. Cortlandt’s communities, although unique to one another share a pride for history and family that drives the real estate markets positive trends.
For more information about Cortlandt go to our History and Statistics page.
We are passionate about the Town of Cortlandt and we want those within the town and others to know and appreciate the great things that make it unique. Our goal as a sponsor of the CorltandtGuides.com website is to provide the most comprehensive and user friendly information about the town. We want to be the “go to” source to find the best and latest information about what is going on in town. We want to educate, inspire, and energize those who live here, those who work here, and those considering joining us in the future.
CortlandtGuides.com offers several main areas:
- First under the NEWS tab, we are a curator for current town news, offering brief introductory paragraph or two with a link to the full article.
- The CALENDAR tab is a great way to link to some of the most appealing events across the town or in nearby towns.
- Need some general information about our town? Our BASICS tab is a great source for information on commuting, local government, history, and much much more.
- We offer a DIRECTORY about the town that covers dining, local business, parks and recreation, schools, and clubs and organizations of all kinds. Take a look and claim your business or club and make sure your information is well represented.
- (Coming Soon!) Interested in buying or selling a home in town? We have put together the best local REALTY guide showing “JUST LISTED”, Sunday “OPEN HOUSES”, “SOLD STATISTICS”, and much more.
We’ve also worked very hard to make CortlandtGuides.com more than just another web directory. Join our community and become part of the conversation. Have an idea for our website? Please give us a call or send an email to let us know.