What is a positive affirmation?
Positive affirmations are positive phrases and statements that are repeated to help challenge negative thoughts and encourage positive changes in your life. They’re a great tool to shift your unconscious mind from negative thinking to positive.
The idea is to take positive statements of what you would like to see manifested, and repeat them enough so that they’re part of your way of thinking and seeing the world; this operates in the same way that negative self-talk does, but in a way that benefits you.
How to use positive affirmations.
You can use affirmations in any situation where you’d like to see a positive change take place in your life. Maybe you’d like to overcome a bad habit or improve your self-esteem or perhaps boost your confidence.
Regular repetition of affirming statements about yourself can encourage your mind to understand the positive affirmations as fact. When you truly believe you can do something, your actions often follow.
Finding your personal affirmations.
You don’t have to be creative to create positive affirmations. You can get started right away with these easy steps:
- Begin with a negative belief. Choose one negative thought you have about yourself and write down the positive opposite. For example “I always screw everything up” becomes an affirmation like, “I am knowledgable and capable.”
- Make your affirmations short. They’ll be easier for you to remember. Statements as short as four or five words can be powerful.
- Change starts with you. Start your affirmations with “I” or “My.”
- Stay present. Write as though you’re experiencing what you desire right now, not in the future.
- Believe. If you don’t believe your affirmation, you won’t succeed. Create affirmations that are realistic and achievable.
Still need some help getting started? Try these.
Practice makes positive.
To get the most benefit from affirmations, you’ll want to start a regular practice. Even if you feel silly saying your affirmations at first, keep going. There’s no harm in being positive and taking a few moments out of each day to encourage and celebrate the most important person in your life — you!
Is it TIME for you to shift your mindset?
Get full support with identifying your negative beliefs and creating and embracing the positive affirmations you deserve by joining one of my TIME TRANSFORMATIONAL GROUPS.
When you join one of my groups you’ll also gain access to a private Facebook group where you can connect with, share, support, and be supported by others who have participated and/or are currently participating in a group. You’ll also get exclusive content from me! If you have been a TIME participant and would like to join us please click here.
Add a comment