Our Saviour Evangelical Lutheran Church Croton-on-Hudson

56 Cleveland Dr, Croton-on-Hudson, New York 10520, United States

Website

(914) 271-4632

Sunday worship service is held at 10:30 AM (9:30 AM in July and August).

Welcome! We are a friendly Evangelical Lutheran Church located in Croton-on-Hudson, NY and serving surrounding communities as well. Please join us in our journey of faith. Our Sunday worship service is held at 10:30 am. Sunday School for children age 4 through 6th grade takes place each week at 9:15 am.

From their website at http://www.oursaviourcroton.org/:

Our Congregation

We are a small and friendly congregation located in the village of Croton-on-Hudson, NY only a few blocks from the Croton-Harmon Metro North station (map). Many of our members come from Ossining, Peekskill, and the towns of Cordlandt and Yorktown as well as from Croton.

Our congregation is rooted in the Lutheran tradition and is a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. Our members come from a variety of Christian backgrounds and from many countries of the world. We welcome you to join with us.

Our History

The first gathering of people who would become the congregation of Our Saviour Evangelical Lutheran Church took place in 1933, the year Prohibition ended and the first year of Franklin Roosevelt’s administration. In 1935, the church was accepted into the United Lutheran Synod of New York. For several years, though, the church had no permanent home. By Easter 1934, services were being held at the First Church of Christ, Scientist in Harmon. From there, the congregation moved to the Harmon Lodge, usually described by charter members as a saloon or bar. But the Lodge did provide a place for a normal Sunday morning schedule and for congregational events. Increasing rent caused services to be moved to a private home on Benedict Boulevard in 1937. The congregation worshipped there until its church was built in 1939. In 1963, the parish hall was dedicated for use by the Sunday School, youth programs, and the community. Thirty years later, the Gotwald Parish Hall still houses Sunday School classes and provides a meeting place for local groups. The Link, the glass hallway connecting the Parish Hall to the original church structure, was dedicated in 1984.

Visited 670 times, 1 Visit today

Posted in Faith

Add a Review

Your Rating for this listing:

Related Listings

Church of St. Christopher and St. Patrick Buchanan

(914) 737-1046

3094 Albany Post Rd Buchanan, NY 10511

Mon, Tues & Fri: 9:30 AM-2:30 PM; Thurs: 10:00 AM-3:00 PM; Sat: 9:30 AM-12:30 PM

We the Parishioners, in representing the diverse multicultural congregation of the Roman Catholic Church, Vicariate of Northern Westchester-Putnam, The Roman Catholic Church of St. Christopher and St. Patrick of Buchanan New York hereby states a commitment to the continued spiritual growth, and pastoral development of our parish and community. Read more…