As you are packing and getting ready to move into your new home, be sure to put aside things that may be helpful to the new owners of your present home. You will be providing them with important information to help them transition into their new home. You can also use this list to request that the same items be left for you in your new home, ensuring a positive experience for everyone.
• Owner’s manuals and warranties for appliances left in the house.
• Garage door opener.
• Extra sets of house keys.
• A list of local service providers — the best dry cleaner, yard service, plumber, etc.
• Code to the security alarm and phone number of the monitoring service if not discontinued.
• As a courtesy, you could provide numbers to the local utility companies.
• If it’s a condo, leave information on how to contact the condo board.
Reprinted from REALTOR® magazine (REALTOR.org/realtormag) with permission of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®.
Copyright 2008. All rights reserved.